Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Not really a folk musician

 I have a confession:
I am not a folk song writer (by modern sense)

because I have never fallen asleep bored
by playing any of my songs
 

 

in fact!
I play rock'n'roll,
it's true. Just I have whatever only instrument I can make best of
which to my favor for a long while going now
is the acoustic guitar.

I am not Johnny New age Appleseed
with too much patience or predictable forray
or Sister Soozie Woodsy Leap Frog,
with array of simp orbiter monstrosities,
linked to have a seminal fad euphoria
unto cheering-on boomer parents
buying upon them an articulant Martin Guitar
and studio ensemble all the more.

It ever so bores me!
and those people hate people like me,
not the other way around (I've tried)
we do not mesh,
and (I've tried)
but finally it is all too obvious.


they're very very very very (times however many very's you may please)
well off.
So the hurt, the originality, the real fight for it, via a song,
it just ain't there.
But its a million per million now.

and its boring. Good for em if it feels good, writing  that, doin that,
it's all done so correctly, too
so predictable
but ya make me nap while I'm steering my ship.

[this is the advent of playing the heel which is entertaining and fun to me and fine.]


had a lot of fun playing folk songs earlier, aside from all that

No comments:

Post a Comment