Saturday, October 21, 2023

jack o lantern head

 


 direct youtube link
alternative rumble.com video upload (sometimes  better audio/vid quality!)
patreon extra content post with these songs + extended intrumental for  download

 Hi Hey
I was really without sleep for some days and under the weath a bit, so I didn't want my mug to be recorded. But I wanted to play some songs.
And get some riffs and drafts recorded.
So I carved about 4 pumpkins in 2 days. Decided a lantern head is the best option to this situation. As I wanted these song drafts or ideas recorded to re-work later.

The latter end of this was uploaded a few ago as a separate vid. But I stuck it into here as a music journal I guess you'd say. Playing on a yamaha fg830 10/21/2023 improvising some tracks.

video archives added over with closes local files randomly added as a "media collage randomization" technique that Burroughs I think used via in text and some authors and artists and musicians used a good bit in a popularization revival of it in the early 70s.  
So I do that with some footage if editing drafts such as this.

Hey so spirits or persona souls kind of dip into the world and collect certain inspirations so some of those in the playing are a bit of Sumeria, Bohemia, American Blues, Irish poetry, earlier style rock'n'roll.
It's really a nasty and annoying game to niche and genre stuff though I have trouble with that. I realize I magnet in people that get more pyssed or judgy about what I do than people who like it, haw haw haw, but that's life in the modern web world.
But it feels uplifting and healing to play, no matter that thing,  
and when playing its very true that rock or that spirit of rock music playing is a soulful and imminent visitation to some kind of experience. Which comes to answer "why improvise songs all the time?"  I think its fun to let them live in their direct and needed moment. and if played again later on then its fine. But there's some pallette of a spiritual experience where others yell at ya to go to church or believe their whole this thing or that thing.
Like, well, I'd rather bond with this wood instrument and do this it's one of the few things that make me happy.

I'll have the two files of this onto https://www.patreon.com/lomemarsupial  even if they're constructing or b-side material. I put a lot of projects and full albums up there.  Gas money to next shows or hard drives to store more stuff on or re-signing up to distrokid.  Get creative online and we all become beggars aye? Shyte I mean its economic apocalypse, very neat.
spotify is https://open.spotify.com/artist/0kBvq9fPHQivusr4ZjdAiG
Main site https://www.lomemarsupial.com
not sparming all the rest of the links.

Going to try to rest up better so I dont have to stuff a jack o lantern over my head,
thanks have a noice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment