Monday, July 10, 2023

bonework repairs on guitar, mouth and terra

 


2. on & off project over the last few weeks has been saving and restoring and upgrading this early 90s Epiphone EJ-200.  
Any talk of maple! or stainless steel! as what I learned is called a bridge-plate "cap" (A protective layer behind  malfunctioned bridge plate pin hole wood)--- well those materials do not compare at all to formica.. which is a counter/kitchen table top material.
It is very thin yet hardy material.  I'd tried that out after some constant sizing and cutting of the bridge pin holes.  The sound, tone and vibration all stabilize so much better.  It feels comforting not worrying so much about string-ends sinking or sucking on up into the bridge plate.
Replacing that gets pricey and I'm just trying to do and learn as much repair work as I can on my own dime and my own time.  
I recorded a video earlier today, with the tone as it presently is,
after having just sanded and fitted a newer bone saddle, some bone pins, and the day prior swapping out the old bridge plate "cap" with some of that formica material.



I'm not in a hurry to cut and sand down the bridge saddle any further really.
So tougher fretting will just make a push to stronger gripping,
and also with a jumbo guitar sometimes it's claimed that a little more
overhead above the frets lets it ring out a good bit more.

I'll see how I feel about that whenever I step up from lights (light strings)


3. Blocked by a local news-paper, (social media is a pony show) I must be doing things right ;)
Myself and this region, we just do not! get along. 
Arizona Washington ThisWhere, Anywhere, let's make meetings.
It doesnt  help really that I egg on the attitude persona. 
I ain't kissing anyone's butt around here and I'm me and will always be me.
If you scold and boil like an egg over that, I'm not the one standing in the pan!


4. But back to guitar things. 
I'm supposed to be sleeping or laying down to sleep or this or that.
I have to tell ya,
I fixed one of my own teeth with some sandpaper.
It chittered... my very first tooth chip in all my life.
I was sewing some fabric items.
Well I clanged the sewing needle between my teeth to pull
a loop through, the advantage of not having vice grips around to do so.
Well, children of earth, your teeth are not tools for that!
So my front tooth I chipped a bit from.
Cool!
The next day, after resigning the approach of calling the local dentist,
I remembered, my daily pain in which that dentist has caused me ever since,
a year plus ago, when they'd fu**# my tooth up,
I thought to handle it myself.
So some sharp part I was able to even out with some sandpaper grit.
Part of a resume for my diy projects of is my listing in dentistry tactical pursuits
a new thing to make house visits for?  
There's no pain there! From what I did.. on my...mouth..with...
sandpaper! 
but where the...professional... dentist? had.. effected me..years ago,
it's pain every evening and night!  
okay----

4.
I skipped 1 to put 1 here.
Or to have fun with concept,
and world & concept.

I like entertaining the ideas that
all of my being up to no good with simply goodness of fun
is enough to make me maladjusted.
And that's good fun for me, simply, any way.


5.

I meant to say I am getting out of bed and strumming that guitar another time some more.
It satiates and sanctifies me.
Something completing comes from that full size, non-cutaway styling of that very same I had traded long ago.
It's back (in a way.)
I think and go to think that the long traded away obsidian black gloss ej-200 was a 1996.
I can obsessively  tune in now to all the little build quality details. From memory by the 1996 one which I so cherished and loved, and then-- gone.. and this one, '94, with it's little issues I am tending to, and learning some skills myself. Rather than the.. what is that for bone saddle fees in some shops?
above $90+++!!???!?
I mean I am ordering parts for less than 20, less than 18 even, less than 12 sometimes...
and just sanding down, honing it in.
And getting to eye the little details in this instrument, 
and I think some of the 2016 Indonesian factory ones.

I'm sticking to my guns on this idea of priding what are budget instruments.
And guiding them close, and rattling and ringing and summoning out of "cheapsy things"
some expressions of liveliness.
And it's been a fun thing.

I may never want to socialize with humans again if I can play music to-- birds, you know? and to illustrate and draw on things.

I'm supposed to book more shows and all this and all that.   Look I feel like sitting up in trees literally and just playing to birds.


anyway i just got off my  butt and did indeed play that guitar some more
and I am bedazzled that it is sounding crispier and brighter just
from some freaking pin changes.
It's frightening in a way but exciting.
Because that's there with all I need, see:

- A Night Donujt
- Some Seltzer Water
- Moments of strumming this instrument

no likes nobody needs to like me,
people can give me the piss off, whatever,
ban me, jade me, ruffle me, blame me,
ostracize me, this and that,

there are night birds here in the off set
and playing this thing, is eden,
it's bliss,
I love guitars,
I'm glad as hell I don't fit into any or all of your social cults.

I have music and my stupid little splotchy draw-scrawlings,
and can't be bare foot more than like 4 minutes at a time unless
I am asleep,
So I'm going to pull some boots up and all that,

No comments:

Post a Comment