Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Taste Of DEATH: The Infomercial (Update 2)

leemonster a taste of death the infomercial

(Direct link. Save as to download)


A snippet of audio from the soundtrack-inspired songs I have been making for Death:The Infomercial, following the "Life The Advertisement" CD from a short while back. I've been working on these songs for a damn long while and there must be 3-4 different mixed versions junked away that didn't seem right.
Here are two full songs from this little sound-adventure:
March Of The Time Bandits (Pts 1&2) Pts 1&2(4.77MB 5:12)
Smiling Mantra (2.53MB 2:45)

Times have been adventurous of lately... Crazy, but adventurous. I'd been busy with working on some other albums as well... One with a folk rock feeling and another more spoken- word... Possibly taking a group of short stories and turning them into an auditory experience.. That would be a real fun experience just to see what the heck it could sound like. ...Just trying to stay on that diverse non-path. I honestly don't know how some can stick on the same sounds and not get weary of it. Though it's hard, to share work when it seems most people just want a feel-good chorus about tits and violence or nursery rhyme structuring. All I can do is keep doing what I'm doing.
Anyhow, I'll see how people take to this release when it's out. It'll be shipped out and finished by myself like the previous CDs,but this time I'm going all out on the album artwork and details. I usually offer most releases for free anyhow, but hopefully all the work will make it worth that little extra to support it and get a real copy instead of only mp3s. I guess the main goal is for this to be one extended song, all of the tracks are going to intertwine with one another and hopefully give the sensation of floating through the cosmos, escaping from the daily tortures of everyday plainness. Damn, it's a pain to be your own manager, but freeing to have nobody telling you what your style should be or that you're too off-fad. Like I've expressed before, I'd much rather be happy doing my own thing and be an unknown than to sell my soul and ideals to end up being scrooged by the record industry.
Why "Death:The Infomercial?" For one: To jab at the amount of materialism that subdues our current existence or means of operation. In following Life: The Advertisement, I suppose it may only seem witty or coy to name it as such, but I'd also like to compare it to the way older cultures would prepare a transition from life to death since birth. Symbology has a lot to with this, and as I'll later, (eventually) get to in the future as many others already explain this in a very well format, our neurological and subconscious levels work on a much different method than what we really think we perceive.

Anyhow, I thought it was interesting to see the above image on the ground underneath a bridge, and often wonder how many people know the true meaning of symbols or whether they are intentionally used or not.
It directly reminded me of the sun cycles

or work of Robert Anton Wilson, Who explained these traits as Four quadrants that represent the psyche in his book Prometheus Rising. The quadrants are made up of strength and weakness traits. The Lion, representing Fire, being the 'Good/Friendly strength.' The Loyal.. Fire also possibly connecting the lion to the sun, since the two are often connected.

The lion's wavy golden strands, king of the jungle, A receiver of light in ways. The Bull, representing the element of Earth was given the 'Hostile Weakness.' 'Hostile Strength' is given to the Eagle (The element Air) or Sky as 'high and mighty', according to Wilson. Friendly Weakness was associated with the Angel archetype, or Water.

This is all interesting to me because it's been used over and over again from the Tarot, Torah and passed down to present day, only with the meanings and symbols hidden from us. We have lost our literacy to read symbols, or subconscious comprehension which really is a vital standpoint on how a society operates.
From the research of Michael Tsarion he presents: There are 240 thousand miles of nuero threads in the human brain, which is enough to stretch from our Earth to the Moon. On every micrometer of these threads there exists 250 thousand units of information. What is this data recorded as? This data is recorded as composite IMAGES, not as words. These composite images are encoded in DNA as the symbols and images. (This was from one of Michael's presentations on the use of symbols in a six part series, which I recomend watching.)

It sounds crazy, fucked up, but I am prepared to be deemed such, because when 'Normal' just feels way out of touch, when the way things operate do not seem just or sensible, crazy is the only way to turn. It is no doubt that our culture is a consumer culture, a material society (Yes I realize the irony as this writing is aligned with my piece-of product music composure,haha!)
I'll later type up and update an old writing to further this subject, on old civilizations interpretations of Death, and it's connections to symbols, the subconscious and what information has been lost/rid of along the way.

In a shell, I just wanted to get out of the way the choice of title to this project and in hope get some insights out that I've been meaning to release quite a while. If it seems strange now, I guess my future writing will either convince/ make me seem stranger, for those who want to see what I mean.

When you embark upon ancient holy symbols being used to advertise, and see Gods and Goddesses from Mesopotamia and Egypt recycled with names changed, on T-shirts and billboards, you can only question what is going on. Thus Life: The Advertisement, Death:The Infomercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment