Monday, August 24, 2009

Days speed up,Creative Compulsion,A skate article and Sketch

Beliefs are always something that should be looked back upon with hesitation. There, that's my belief. Maybe I'll think that's a dumb idea two years from now.



The days are passing by so quickly. It almost seems like 4 day weeks anymore. The construct of time grows less meaningful nor relevant anyhow and the more I step foot outside the more often I look up gazing to the sky.
It appears to be a machine of electric waves... Loose sparks shooting across and down from the cosmos all the way to the empty farm fields or lonely convenience marts, down even further through the Earth's core.
I keep reading of and comparing the ancient worlds up to now. Nothing has seemed to of changed, other than access to information and the pedestals of which symbols are placed. From temples to t-shirts. (More on that soon, I promise!) I hadn't seen a TV screen or newspaper headline in weeks which seems to have cleared my mind. In not taking things too seriously, I realise that experience can be dealt with in a great and joyous way, though the chasms of pain and bullshit--contempt and bad thoughts are natural and need to be warded off by dealing with them, not by storing them away... Through balancing the physical with the mental.

After a good while of being stuck in a creative-blockage, The last two months have reversed and been flooding me with a non-stop flow of making music and stories. So I'd been collecting and creating all I can in some sort of preparation of that faucet eventually shutting off again, Yet the more I've been peering into past cultures the more logical it seems to find my own way of keeping a hand on the faucet, not letting anybody or anything else force you to lose determination.

The past weekend offered me the chance to take part in an article for a magazine that will feature a segment on skateboarding and my board artwork, So while still in shock of the opportunity, I was out from sunrise to dark with very little sleep helping get photos done. It feels pretty strange to be on the other side of the camera lense for once. How it will turn out, I can only wait to see, but I do have a Polaroid after bombing down Blakslee hill several times for photos; A very curvaceous hill that shot me down from top to bottom. I would always pass the hill by when driving or riding bike, and even dream of skateboarding down the treacherous slope, but actually taking the moment to do it... That changes things completely.

So as the days speed up and Wednesdays seem to disappear, All that old worrying and complaining about things seems more redundant than useful. There are chances to be taken and shoes to be torn up. The access of information is indeed becoming more open to those who are interested in finding, So take what you can and use it to learn about yourself.

Here is a sketch I started -attached to a letter a few nights ago

Also I made a cover for the Death The Infomercial sampler for anybody who wants to print out the cover and burn the sampler. It just sort of happened.
A taste of death the infomercial-leemonster

No comments:

Post a Comment