Monday, August 3, 2009

City Lemons 2009 and Manic Shifts

City Lemons 2009

07/2009 was the routine escape for the city. My interest for documenting the random activities heightened once I was lucky enough to have a camera with me down in the subway. Though many moments beforehand could have made the flick much more interesting, what I was able to catch at least seemed to be enough to work with and practice my ill-mannered video editing.

So now what? I find myself buried under the burden of my own creations feeling as if I should climb back underneath a shell until everything is finished. Weeks, months even, will grip streaks of writer's block for the brain but then when the time is weary.. just when I've had too little sleep, Something clicks and I start recording songs and filling pages instantaneously.. I start to feel a bit out of touch if I go without it, until it all wears off once again and that writers block closes it's steel doors temporarily (tapping into that mindset that wants to experience and create, rather than sit back and watch.) The past few days I've been producing countless songs.. Many will be trashed, many released but probably still unheard. Sometimes it's hard to know what to think of material when you're your only critique. As knuckle shattering as it all seems it still must be done, because I'd go crazy(crazier) without it all. I maintain inspiration but don't feel up to par with all the top hits out there. I mean, they're so deep down, right!? If I fail and sink, at least I did it with my heart and highest efforts, Eh?

Shortly I'll post one of the film songs started sometime within the last three hours, So check back for that.
Off and out to underneath a shell, Keep an eye out for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment