Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pink sky hole,photo roll and bargain souls



From 08/2008
This is a photo by Dylan Pakkala from a spot I had set up behind an old store where a couple of friends and I used to go and skateboard. They'd (The property owners/city) since pretty much demolished the ground there so it's hardly possible to go back there on a vandal board but there's a whole collection of photos and footage from back in the day.
This is another photo by Dylan.
And this too

Which reminds me of just how many cameras I've been breaking lately and how many people I owe replacements to.
Right now I can't sleep, and all I can think of is just skating down steep hills as fast as I can, I guess as some sort of amphetamine as to whisk away all those nerve jerking manifestations, irritations and insomnias. I was working on editing through stories last night and before I knew it had looked out the window and it was daylight already.



I haven't slept in like 2 1/2 days. That full length album is pretty much all finished, for both projects actually, but I don't even feel like releasing them, not yet. I already know they won't go anywhere, Because I won't play the 'industry' game. Either way I'm going to continue playing shows.. I have this urge to just up and hijack a spaceship. It's been driving me up a wall lately, the 'game,' The psychology of participation.

The industry

There's the music industry and then there's actually making music. Music is an art and art is about bending bars... Hopping out of boxes. Industry is about sales, accessories and patterns. Once you find a pattern that works, the industry doesn't want to take that chance: The leap into the unknown. It's all image, it's all niche.
I've always been staggered by people's views on art.. Usually, to me, whatever people presently hate, loathe and are disgusted by is what is later printed in books to be remembered as art.. And whatever at the given moment is being sold as 'artistic' is then forever forgotten like the gutless sales pitch that it really is. And when beginning to think too much about the industry, it's really just a big headache. It's all glitter, and no soul.. I swear some of 'em have no souls or hearts in their bodies, just little card slips with a diamond cross or daisy over the robotic scan code.
But that grief, that grief is just downright taking things too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment