Monday, July 27, 2009

Family in Red and Buddha on a ledge

This is a photo from earlier this year I just happened to stumble across
that I enjoy and thought I'd share.

Around a month later to that photo I had hiked to the top of a very distant waterfall/gorge trail. There are these rigged paths that go off toward the edge with a steep, deadly (Or highly, highly maiming to say the least!) drop towards the bottom (Okay, here are two images to attempt to show the mighty plunge downward.)
To make it to the top I found myself panting and working quite a sweat, it's not a mountain but it sure feels like one when you're grabbing onto tree roots and pulling yourself upwards. I usually sit beside the bank overlooking the valley in which you can see out for miles. A family of vultures live within the ridges of the shale crevices. You can often see them soaring above, hoping that you'll be their next meal. The banks and shale ledges give in and pieces fall quite often as they obviously give away over time, So I was quite surprised to notice a tiny Buddha resting upon one of the shale overlooks. I was even more stunned that somebody was actually able and daring enough to crawl out that far and place it there. I'd never noticed it before, and wonder just who'd put it there (And if they plunged or not!) Well, I never thought I'd see Buddha on a ledge, but nonetheless, here he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment