Tuesday, May 5, 2009

05/05/2009 Feed Every Soul

This song has literally just been finished and is immediately up for download,
and will eventually be on one of the many releases I am working on.
I would say that the last few days have inspired this song, but it'd be
more suitable to say that it is the last twenty one years. Hopefully the
message will taken positively, as it is yourself that needs to change before
the world does.. Something I never really heavily considered until looking
at some of my past actions or inactions.

Anyway, download the song here 3.54 mb
Lyrics:
Each footstep forward sunk into the ground like a boulder
As sweat dripped from my cheek and I checked over my shoulder.
My pockets rattled from change, this felt like part two
Of what is this and what the hell am I supposed to do.
I’ve noticed myself taking many unknown paths
Hoping for better answers, but winding up in traps.
And I’ve noticed myself repeating all the same mistakes
Some times I swear it’s all a dream about to break.
Sometimes trust seems harder when you can’t trust yourself.
But to learn from yourself will bring you out of inner-hell,
And mistakes go repeated because everyone’s so accustomed
To follow that path they’ve fallen through… The tough one.
If we can learn from ourselves, and each thing that caused regret
Then we can make a better life and wouldn’t vote for presidents.

If we could feed every soul and get creative once a day
Then we could think ourselves to wonders in which we’d be amazed.
And how many people today have gone without a meal?
What number of people had been senselessly killed?

This is a wake up call to those here and to myself
If you can’t change your own life then you’ll never change anybody else.
I know we’re pushed to get angry and point fingers at each other
While we continue unhealthy practice of slowly sinking under.
It’s no wonder cold-hearted hate preachers convince us all to kill
We believe it’s necessary, we hate our presence and pay our bills.
We bitch of slow jobs that don’t require any skills
Yet we have the choice, to leave at our free will.

I walked further up the road as water dripped towards the drain
Wondering why we’ve always been disgusted by the rain.
When I realized where to look upon the things I blamed
I saw to change myself so things could rearrange.
I saw to change myself because you can’t ignore your yearning
To find out your own faults, to put out that mental burning.

If we could feed every soul and get creative once a day
Then we could think ourselves to wonders in which we’d be amazed.
And how many people today have gone without a meal?
What number of people had been senselessly killed?


The last handful of months have collected a large amount of sounds.
What I am going to do with the next releases is just offer them up for
trade, or possibly have everyone interested in a free copy receive one
through the mail. I'm getting off my ass and going to do spoken word and
more shows.. Figure out how to get a speaker system on the go so I can
perform both the hip hop and acoustic style music. Really I just want to
share my works, and get out to meet people.
Sick of the anger, of the blame,I admit past mistakes.
If you can’t change your own life then you’ll never change anybody else.

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment