Thursday, May 18, 2017

Website progress and old gallery photos

The old site still exists. I have a backup of that slithing, philanthropic creature.    

You know sometimes you can take the straight line--- from the pied piper to the donut.
But why not walk the way 50 yards to the east, under the crippling barbed wire, past the bunny rabbit wielding a live hand grenade, overtop the slunky looking Dotson and finally to the donut?




Well in a way----
Because I'm putting new watermarks to each photograph. This means retracing as many of each image that I am able to off 6-something hard drives.  Some of the previous gallery shots won't be in the new site. Newer photographs will be! 
And the order is definitely going to be--- differing.  And as much work that was put in the old ordering of the--- by this time defunct since late 2012 website--- it seems to be a nice thing to have a fresh lineup.  That is what I am going with saying, anyhow-- it helps during the process.

The funnest part is the thumbnail resizing!

I did find a portrait of Dick Cheney from this fiasco where he was hunting from a boat and he apparently shot some Aboriginee woman with a shotgun.. or the story goes something similar


actually Cheney shot a lawyer in a face. I'm mixing that up with the photograph of a "naked" "woman" seen from the Smokey and the Bandit style sunshades. My collective media mind at the time may have twined the two events together assuming that Cheney had shot a naked woman lawyer in the face with a shotgun from a boat.
But I'm glad I got out of politics*! It was always hard getting the swivvel correct.. or-- getting the bent-up, chewed-up, soggy chewtoy mush chowed down in one piece.

(*I just wanted to say that for once in my life. Nobody is in politics.. and everybody is sort of in politics. And nobody gets OUT of politics--- because nobody -enters- it, really.  We all sort of just put boxing helmets on and run into each other until we get dizzy and raw. And whoever falls down, we go through their pockets.. and if they become conscious, we tell them "good job! good fight!" and compliment them and they feel better before they do pass out.) 

man i was a revolutionary!
(and you can be too. Just kidding, I'm not selling t-shirts anymore :( )

photo of taughannock lake from 2008 from the old, moldy gallery.

2007. Had more of a gall to get spontaneous portraits.  So now I've got to get the nerve to start doing that again! What's stopping me? Respect!? Urking someone? URKING!? Well,hell----


04/2007. My good skate-friend's house had all of these horrid looking dolls splouched all over the place which his mom had in place of houseplants or-- i don't know, axe collections.  This was one of them.
I might start just retaking these kinds of photos just to do captions because it's fun also.

Lotsa old stuff was weened out. A grotesquely numbered 64 pages were in the gallery. I suppose it was only fate to ween out photographs of this heaving beaut of a duo of cinder blocks.  January 2008

Splay of the new-gallery.

Anyhow I'm more picky now with galleries but will probably bloat it back up to 64 or more pages if the inner detail-nanny can be subdued and put onto an inflatable chair, and left to drift off far from a current, unable to string me in about things like professionalism. I want the site to have more of that fun stuff that stifens up peoples opinion of me, like the thousand-titted mail-lady etchings and other similar things hidden here and there. I don't want a boring life mang.  Since I am reteaching myself all the ballistics (and probably wrong ways) of putting a site together  I guess not all all all of it should be as it has been.   I like the old ghetto layouts pretty well anyway, though, so basic pages filled without those little damned boxes that show up when you are scrolling halfway down and those menus where dropdowns contain 28 extra dropdown offshoots are things I can't be too uncool cool cool cool ironic cool to want around there anyway.

Disgustingly enough I will have a twitter linked to the site. But no instagram, because now that I am an old man who fills potato sacks up with youngins and throws those heavy sacks of youngin's off my damn fucking lawn, I am not uploading photos straight off of an i-phone.  And no face-book. Face-book you are a son of a bitch. But the twitter...I will Tweet.  I will give out advice.
If I could log in to my twitter today, my tweet was going to be

A drawer full of broken clothespins
does nobody any good.

      
Which is true!  Actually, that's not free advice. Maybe I can make it a pay-in
advice twitter. Where you don't pay-to-view it and get advice and tips for
all the really important stuff.
You'll be able to view it, and then the money will get sucked out away from you after
you get the life-advice.. that way if that particular day's life advice doesn't apply to you,
it's okay, I'm still covered. So it's fair for everybody.


Here are some other photographs from that old old gallery when netfirms let no goodnick leaf eaters like myself host free domains, before the engulfing and stripping away and de-plummaging whereupon sites like netfirms and zxq.net, my second run of hosted sites, took away the options for those without bank accounts to ever use the internet, ever.

 Clouds with trees underneath.   :-D Happy about the title. Just for the title I might try to sell that to the Johanson Museum of Art.  It just needs a.... mime in there... somewhere.  2008.
 biking with Elbee. 2007.  Canon Powershot, haven't I always championed you?  Yea, gotta update camera models now, though, it's about time.   Too many pros and cons between feature comparisons for the powershot series.. because the earliers kept details real well and were good for on-the-go.  Yo Canon why did you sons of bitches ever strip out the sound-recorder function?   Bought so many ebay Canons just to be able to  keep that feature on a working camera.

 2007.   BB Lake. Thank you for causing me not to crack, you guiding herons and cranes and any relative of the gorgeous Ibis bird.
 What you're having for today's meal. 

These were all from the same day. Crowe crowning the treetop.

Anyway that's that.. I'll be happy to finally have a site up again where I'll probably re arrange every thing some million times and have to go through and redo links like a couple of million
but deviant art wasn't doing t any more and having side-accounts for sites where you share traffic flood stream with billions of others makes it all seem so washable and disposable and its a real blood orgy of what-is-new! all the time.

Lots of the old gallery can be posted up on this blog here and there.
   





like here.. here is an old man with a cigar near a no parking sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment